A comprehensive coaching program targeting competitive
players who aspire to tournament success and college golf.
• Year-round personalized coaching with Lead Coach Jamie Reimer
• Structured practice drills and games
• Mental and Emotional Training with a Sports Psychologist
• Goal Setting and Competitive Strategies
• Tournament Selection and Practice Rounds
• Fitness Training with DM Golf Performance
• Use of Trackman, Boditrack and other innovative technologies
• 2018 CJGA Membership
• Unlimited use of Golf Canada Centre (some restrictions may apply)
Members of the Integrated Support Team (I.S.T )
Lead Coach: Jamie Reimer
Other Professionals Involved:
Coach Jason Haley,
Coach Brian Kollman,
Coach Wes Heffernan,
Coach Bill Murchison,
For more information please contact Jamie Reimer: Jreimer@golfcanada.ca
Notable Accomplishments of Strive For Excellence Members:
Alberta Provincial Girls champion
Alberta Provincial Juvenile girls champion
Alberta Golf Player of the year
Alberta Men’s Amateur Champion
Top 10 in Canadian Men’s Amateur rankings
Alberta Open Champion
Alberta Boys Bantam Champion
Alberta Jr Masters Champion
More details on Strive for Excellence Team:
Jamie Reimer BA
Class “A” CPGA Professional
Strive for Excellence Coach (2010 - present)
CNC Coaching New Competitor Certified
2015, 2016 Alberta Junior Leader of the Year Finalist
TPI Junior Coach Level 2 & 3 Certified
CJGA Alberta Director (2009 - present)
2015, 2016, 2017 Coach of Junior America’s Cup Team Alberta Junior Boys
Jamie has worked with thousands of juniors since becoming a member of the PGA of Canada in
2008 and currently coaches numerous local successful competitive juniors. Jamie’s goal is to
understand their motivation and tailor his approach to meet their needs and help them to build their
commitment to themselves to constantly improve, and really enjoy practicing and playing. He
believes focusing on fundamentals and mechanics will provide a solid foundation that cannot be
broken and creates not only champions but players who will enjoy the game throughout their life.
Dynamic Motion (DM) Golf Performance is Calgary's premier Golf Fitness Coaching Company and is the Fitness provider for the Golf Canada Strive for Excellence Program. The Strive for Excellence Junior Golf Fitness Program aims to improve the movement quality and athleticism of each junior golfer. The program is an off-season golf specific program, developed by Golf Fitness Expert Shannon Heffernan, that prepares each junior golfer for the upcoming golf season.
Shannon Heffernan (Mantrop)
Shannon Heffernan is a Golf Fitness and Performance Expert and is the founder of DM Golf Performance. Shannon is a Class "A" PGA of Canada Professional with a Master’s degree in Kinesiology. She is also a Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) level 3 Golf Fitness Coach, TPI Level 3 Golf Instructor and TPI Level 2 Junior Golf Coach. Shannon's career has been dedicated to studying and understanding the body-swing connection. With this background, Shannon helps golfers build their movement foundation and athleticism to maximize their golf potential.
Scott Lahey is a Golf Fitness Coach with DM Golf Performance. Scott is a former professional beach volleyball player and CIS Academic All-Canadian volleyball player, turned tennis and golf enthusiast. Armed with a Kinesiology degree and certifications as a Strength and Conditioning Specialist, Nutrition Coach, and Intrinsic Coach, Scott is a human performance expert uniquely qualified to bring out the best in every athlete. For over a decade, he has helped hundreds of athletes, young and old, hone their skills, and condition their body and mind to achieve their sport and broader life goals. With his attention now focused on golf - recently adding to his acumen the Titleist Performance Institute’s Golf Fitness Specialist (Level 2)
Mental Performance Coaching
Alayne Hing is a Mental Performance Consultant and founder of Elite Edge. She works with Olympians, professional and amateur athletes and coaches to help them reach their peak performance with confidence. Alayne is currently affiliated with the Canadian Sport Institute-Calgary. Clients include Speed Skating Canada, Cross Country Canada, PGA, Canada Games, and Tennis Canada.
Alayne will be working with our golfers on a variety of topics to help them with their mental game, including off-season goal setting, pre-performance routines, and getting into the 'zone'. Most professional athletes have utilized sport psychology to take their game to the next level. During these sport psychology sessions, Alayne will help athletes to determine their ideal performance state, as well as equip them with the tools to get there. She will then show the athletes how to practice these strategies during their offseason so that they can begin the golf season with a higher level of confidence.
Biomechanical and Injury Prevention management
Andrea Kosa BSc. P.T., BSc. Biology Physiotherapist
· Titleist Performance Institute Level 3 Medical Professional
· Competitive Amateur Golfer
· Andrea Kosa is the Physiotherapist for Golf Canada's National Developmental and Amateur Ladies Teams and has worked with the Men’s Developmental Team in 2013. Her goal for Strive is to bring the same full body physical evaluation that she performs on the National Team Players to the Strive Program. The initial evaluation will be performed prior to the start of the 2016-2017 Season (in September preferably) - the findings will be shared with coaches so to address each players areas of limitation. Players in this age group can go through rapid changes in their body leading to weakness and flexibility issues that then can increase the risk of injury. Recovery and Rehabilitation of any injury is her priority as well as navigating players and family through the medical world if needed. After the player works on their program for 3 months a re-evaluation will take place to identify areas for progression or continued work.
Along with the evaluations: Andrea will participate and give guidance with the group in areas swing analysis, training days, and on-course practice session
***If any Strive player requires further physiotherapy intervention these can be arranged with Andrea.